Friday, September 01, 2017

Why my to do list will never be empty

Yesterday as I worked outside admiring a few of the completed projects around me, my eyes ratcheted to the gate at the end of the driveway. It's almost time to apply the tung oil but that wasn't what I was thinking. A lovely new gate and new mailbox needs something more. Landscaping! Oh, dear. My mind went spinning off with ideas and now I've reluctantly added that project to my list.

On the back end of the farm I was doing more chores and imagining how wonderful it will be when the fencing is done and my sadly-neglected woodland path is cleared again and enclosed for the dogs to roam. This wasn't enough - off went my brain again, gallivanting toward something, it wasn't sure what, that resulted in a Pinterest session later in the evening, and the search words "cobblestone path."

Oh dear. It never ends!

I'm the same way with writing projects. I think it's safe to say having lists of things to do is one of my primary motivators.

If you're on Pinterest, come find me there. It's my visual list extraordinaire.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

You sound like you have a very active mind. Projects never end. I often can't sleep at night thinking of projects to be done.

billie said...

Instead of counting sheep I go through my list of projects in my head at night, which often has the effect of keeping me awake instead of putting me to sleep, and sometimes causes me to get up again and start googling various pieces of new projects or ideas that popped up. You are definitely a kindred spirit, if I had any doubts at all! :)