Saturday, September 30, 2017

November Hill pollinator gardens, 3

This morning I put everything out into a staging area.


The butterfly weed and pink swamp milkweed were all planted and mulched already, so this is what was left to plant. 

I spent most of the morning putting things on top of the garden beds, trying to look at height and spread and color and texture to see if I could get things nice. I'm sure I'll make some mistakes but I hope there are some happy errors too.

Once I finished that husband brought home a pallet of stepping stones and he moved them into place in the upper bed. I have a path going from the barnyard "stile" through the upper bed and around and out the side into the driveway by the barnyard gate. There's room to put a little bench under the cherry tree once it gets tall enough. 

This bed is so deep I wanted a way to walk into to it for working and to get to the fence in there as well.

I've planted 10 plants. 

Will get back to it tomorrow! I think it's going to be wonderful! 

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I can't wait to see the garden when it's all planted. I'm sure it will be beautiful.

billie said...

I'm so excited! I also tried to pick things so there is always something blooming and even in the winter when nothing is blooming there'll be the interesting seed heads, etc., to keep it interesting.

Matthew said...

I think it's going to be wonderful!

Me too!

billie said...

I'm having fun putting a few more in the ground each day!