Friday, September 22, 2017

Couldn't resist the light or the mirror frame


The late day sunshine cascaded into the room across the hall, which is lonely with no writer in it, and I was drawn in with my phone. Just took off the cold damp cloth I'd wrapped around my neck to cool down after moving my bags in from the car, and took out the wrong glasses - thought they were my reading pair but they were the old prescription spare pair I bought off the internet. Not sure why but they suddenly seem better than my current progressive lens pair! So now I'm alternating between three pairs of glasses but have written around 4K words so, writing retreat life is good. Tea and an oatcake and a blog post and now it's back to the desk. 

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Great picture! Sounds like you're getting a lot done.

billie said...

Thanks - I am! I also like the fact that there are two of me in the photo. I can send one to the barn and let the other stay in and write. :)