Monday, May 12, 2008

more massage in the barn

Salina and I got more hot stone massage today and it was blissful. Salina went first and was so much calmer than last Friday. She leaned into the stones and looked worried each time our massage therapist walked into the barn aisle to get more - as if to say "is she coming back? I'm not done!"

Rafer Johnson stood by and kept things in check.

My massage was again wonderful and I'm trying to figure out how I can justify getting H. back here before her scheduled date of June 9th... maybe at the writing retreat I'm having here the end of May??

:)

More interesting mirroring: Salina and I both had tightness in the left hip and the right "trunk" area. The left hip seems to be where she carried a lot of weight during the abscess and my right trunk is where the most hideous bruise is. So we've shared the residual effects of "trauma Friday."

Fortunately we're now both feeling pretty good. I continue to believe that our insurance companies and/or employers should offer regular massage at fully reimbursed cost. The health benefits, including physical, mental, and spiritual, would be tremendous.

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad to hear everything is going along well with Salina. If you find the insurance company or employer offering reimbursement for massages, drop me a line. I'll definitely sign with them!

billie said...

Arlene, I wish I had names of insurance companies and/or employers paying in full for massage!

I'm becoming convinced it needs to be part of my regular "care."