Tuesday, October 30, 2012

C. and Val are fine - but no internet!

C. and Val (Calm, Forward, Straight who blogs at Transition to Harmony) phoned this morning to let me know that she and Val are both fine. They made it through Sandy, never lost power, but are stuck on the island and have no internet. Aside from what sounded like a terrifying untying of a tarp in the night with 60 mph winds from the top of a ladder, I think they had very few issues on the farmette.

She reported that Val was sleeping in the sunshine today and loving it.

She especially wanted me to let folks know that she is thinking of everyone still dealing with the hurricane and its aftermath.

Sending good thoughts to everyone affected by this storm.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the update - glad to know they're OK.

Grey Horse Matters said...

We're all fine here too. All the horses are fine. Lots of trees down some fence down, replaced with temporary fencing. No power, tv, Internet either. I'm working off my iPad cellular. We are trapped in the house because the main road on either side of the driveway has downed trees across the road and power lines with transformer box laying in the road crews are working on that today. Hopefully we can get out tomorrow. So glad we have a generator! Happy to hear that CFS and Val are ok. I was worried about them.

Martine said...

Glad to hear it, she is the one I was most worried about.

billie said...

A, thanks for posting here and SO glad that you all are safe!! I have been thinking of you and J and the herd and also Victoria. Have you heard from her yet?

billie said...

Martine, glad you saw the post - I commented on her post, then realized she had to approve the comments first, then saw that the comments appeared - she may have gotten temporary access or else a glitch occurred that allowed us to read them. Anyway, relieved that so far all the folks I know in cyberhorseland are okay.

Grey Horse Matters said...

I haven't heard personally from Victoria but I see she put a post update up. They're all fine. We all have no phones so can't communicate. If it wasn't for the iPad I would be totally in the dark.

billie said...

Thanks A, I just saw a post from V on FB - she was in Starbucks! I'll go check her blog now.

Strawberry Lane said...

So glad C and Val are fine. Also happy to see a comment from Grey Horse Matters. Will be happy to know about Victoria. Thanks for posting this update.