Monday, October 24, 2016

one of those little things that makes me happy: Mrs. Meyer's rhubarb hand soap



We've used goat milk-based bar soaps from our local farmer's market for years now but I encountered this at my office and became enthralled with the rhubarb scent. Now this is in 2 out of 3 of the bathrooms at home (her bluebell scent is in the 3rd one and I love that too). Every time I wash my hands I stand at the sink and smell the scent and it makes me happy.

The same way putting Dr. Bronner's peppermint soap in the wash bucket in the barn does when I'm de-webbing or wiping down dusty things.

Same as putting a few drops of lavender or peppermint or eucalyptus essential oil on the mop when I'm cleaning floors does. 

The power of scent is amazing! Just ask Keil Bay how much the smell of a peppermint in a pocket brightens his day. :)

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sounds like very nice stuff. I love the smell of peppermint. Did you know that peppermint spray will deter spiders and mice from setting up shop in the barn or house for that matter.

billie said...

I read that awhile back and I suspect it does help! I think what I read was to rub oil of peppermint into the wooden door jambs of your house to keep insects from entering. :)