Friday, February 27, 2015

Snow-vember Hill


These  photos were taken by my husband and really capture the lovely, quiet, gray day quality of our first snow day this week. It is easy for me to get focused in on the barn side of things, where hoof packs and mud and worry about horses slipping on the ice can ruin the beauty for me. 

We were lucky not to lose power this second and much bigger go-round as so many people in NC did. The day before the bigger and wetter snow rolled in, UPS braved the roads to deliver Keil Bay's gigantic tub of Red Bird soft peppermints. I don't think Keil cared a bit about anything else when I took the tub out and showed it to him, and handed out peppermints to he and his herd. 

Today the sun is out and the melt-down begins. I see that next week we are up to 70 degrees one day. I have to get the Christmas tree down before that happens! 

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Snowfall can blanket the landscape and turn the mundane gray winter days into beautiful 'snowscapes.' The pictures are lovely.

Then again when you have to deal with getting around in the snow and ice it can be a tad unpleasant.

Can't believe you will hit 70 soon. We are supposed to have one more Arctic Blast and then maybe hit the 40's next week. I'm sure it will seem like a heat wave!

billie said...

Arlene, you won't believe this, but we have 3 days of RAIN coming along with the warm temps. I just want to dry out a bit and have normal winter temps along with that!

I am sure for you all 40s will seem like heaven. Can't wait to see your posts as spring hits on your lovely farm!

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

The snow sure was pretty while it was coming down - but I am ready for a new weather pattern. Seriously...

Lovely pictures!

billie said...

The herd were thrilled today to be out in the sunshine, even though they were standing in cold mush. Lots of melting and lots more mud. :/