Friday, February 18, 2011

and the fog has lifted...

I had an eye exam yesterday afternoon and pupils dilated, which resulted in a foggy sunset and evening. Then woke up this a.m. and when I opened the blinds the world was foggy - real fog though!

Now, as the sun has come out and burned the fog away, my pupils are back to normal, all the fog, both induced and actual, is gone, and we are looking at the possibility of an 80 degree day.

Which is kind of crazy, given that it is February and horses have full winter coats! I am thinking maybe I need to turn the fans on for them this afternoon!

Right now I have a Corgi Bear and a Wickens cat in full-blown playfare in the kitchen, a house that needs vacuuming, and morning chores to do. But even the possibility of such a warm day is also triggering a touch of spring fever.

Wouldn't it be fun to pack up this whole menagerie and head for the beach?

A private, safe, perfectly contained beach where they could all run wild while I sat in a chair and listened to the sea.

The fans in the barn have a slightly oceanic sound, so this afternoon I might be out there, sitting in a chair, eyes closed, transported.

Happy Friday and happy weekend!!

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad your fog has lifted. I can't believe it's going to be so warm there, enjoy it.

billie said...

Thanks, Arlene!!