Wednesday, April 28, 2010

healing prayer and thoughts at 10 p.m. EST

 A note from me:


Thank you all for the healing thoughts. I won't keep posting this request, but just know that each night anyone is welcome to join in the ritual for H, who has a long healing path in front of him.

It is a sobering thought that a close contemporary in age to my oldest son is going through this. Of course it happens every day to many families around the world, but as we all know, when something like this happens to someone we know, it becomes so much more personal.

Someone wrote on FB today that teenagers heading into adulthood are like baby turtles trying to get to the sea. That made me tear up b/c I remember several beach trips when my son was a toddler when my husband helped some misguided baby turtles who were heading to the pier lights instead of the ocean.

Thinking of it that way, I almost want to institute a nightly healing ritual for all teens everywhere. Adolescence can be such a tender and tempestuous time.




A friend's son is in need of prayer and healing thoughts after a major drug overdose and brutal beating. He is in intensive care, and although he has sustained brain injury, a medically induced coma, surgery to stop internal bleeding around his heart, and other injuries, the latest report is "cautiously optimistic."

A number of us who have known H and his family since he was very young are planning a candle-lighting all around the globe at 10 PM EDT for anyone who wants to participate and simultaneously send healing energy, thoughts, prayers, mojo, vibes and whatever else we think might help.  Please feel free to participate.  Light your candle at 10 PM EDT and leave it burning for at least an hour... longer if you wish.  Focus on sending healing energy to Henry.  Some of Katie's friends will remember when we did this several years ago when E was a baby and very sick.  I know Katie valued that immensely then and will appreciate it just as much now.  Thank you to Cee who set this up for us.

ADDENDUM:

You can read an update on H's condition HERE.

The rad-mamas, an online group of moms who have been together since my son was an infant (15 years) have decided to continue the nightly candle-lighting vigil for H until he is out of the hospital. We invite you to join us in sending healing energy and prayer to H and his family.

AFTERNOON UPDATE from Katie:

He looks better to me this afternoon. Cousin Thomas doing sound and scent therapy with him alongside the high tech machines. I feel sure it's helping. Lots of love in the room with him.

 

7 comments:

Greta said...

Billie, I'll be sending out positive vibes, warm thoughts, and healing light to H tonight at 10:00. I'm not what anyone who knows me would describe as a religious person but I do believe there is a higher power who is aware of our faith (among other things).

billie said...

Greta, I am not someone anyone would describe as religious either! I use the word prayer b/c it seems to be the most generic term I can think of that encompasses what any of us might send - whether it be healing thoughts, white light, reiki, or the more common use of the word.

Thanks for sending your version of the above. I think we all send what we can and amazingly, it doesn't really matter which form it is in - the energy of it all translates.

Hope you are well - and writing! :)

Rising Rainbow said...

Healing thoughts coming from this direction as well. Hopefully all will turn out well for this young man.

ponymaid said...

Billie, he sounds like a strong young human and the initial signs look good. Sending concentrated donkey thoughts his way.

Dawn said...

How tragic...I'm so sorry, and know that prayers have been lifted up.

billie said...

Thanks to all. He is moving from ICU today and although he has a long road of healing and various therapies ahead of him, it looks like he is stable and moving forward.

Greta said...

I just checked back. So nice to read the positive report from you!