Monday, November 27, 2006

hiatus

Not an intended one, but I've had nearly a week without working on my book, and woke up this morning with a slight headache, wondering how to get back to it smoothly. There is so much to do in a day, much of it pleasurable, but often enough one thing has to be set aside to get to another.

As is my morning habit, I randomly opened the book of quotes I have had for many years - A Guide For the Advanced Soul by Susan Hayward - and read the page.

"Every now and then go away,
have a little relaxation,
for when you come back
to your work
your judgement will be surer;
since to remain constantly at work
will cause you to lose power
of judgement...

Go some distance away
because the work appears smaller
and more of it
can be taken in at a glance,
and a lack of harmony
or proportion
is more readily seen.

Leonardo Da Vinci


So. I am back from my hiatus and trust the editing will be that much more effective. Here's to harmony and perfect proportion.

1 comment:

Joseph Gallo said...

I just love this quote attributed to Leonardo. Thanks for posting it.

The writer's way is a crooked way, but still remains the shortest distance bwteen two lines. ~Aucassin Verdé
;-)