Sunday, October 15, 2017

A harrowing day

In the arena. I alternated harrowing with raking up and removing leaves, pine straw, manure, and many acorns. In hindsight I should have done this yesterday - we had several days of rain but two days of sunshine since then so there was a little dust on top. Not too much, though, and with the leaves it was far easier getting them up when they were dry again.

Right now is the time of year when the arena is just going to have leaves in it on any given day. I removed most of them today because they were "raked" up by the harrow but generally I don't stress it once I get most of the acorns up - a good windy day and they will be gone!

I love the big oaks at H and F but it does make for some extra work in the fall.

Plus I sort of like the sound of Keil Bay's hooves as we trot through the leafy corners, so that is my goal - to hear that sound soon.




2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sounds like a productive day. Here's to crunching through the leaves soon on the back of Keil Bay.

billie said...

He came marching through the barn to the arena gate at one point so I think he knows I'm trying to get ready. :) Hope you are enjoying some cooler days too!