Friday, August 26, 2016

When your day off is busier than the days "on"

It's been a busy week and I've been looking forward to today, Friday, because it was the one day on which I had nothing scheduled. A treasure of a day, right here on November Hill.

So I woke up and had coffee and worked on painting porch screens (finally, a dry stretch of days!) even though it was 96 out and I was dripping with sweat. Then I went out and gave Keil Bay his lunch tub and did some mucking and scrubbed troughs and water buckets and made sure all the waters were fresh and clean and cool straight from the well. Keil and Cody really only needed hosing but I decided to give them baths since it was so hot. 

Back inside, showered, ate lunch, and round two on the front porch. Scraped and sanded and then painted the porch rail so the newly-painted screen can go back later tonight.

I'm not sure how my day off has gone by so quickly! 

I need another one so I can get on to the next section of porch. I am hoping to finish this weekend before the rain comes back but we'll see.

Happy weekend!


6 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

So if that was your day off what do you do on busy days? I fall into the same scenario almost every day...

billie said...

See clients, write, anything scheduled off the farm feels like a triple busy day. I may concocted a fantasy/memory of long slow days with not much to do! :)

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

That porch project sounds satisfying!!

Money work vs life work. A constant dilemma here at the farmette too. Factoring a possible encounter with a tropical entity + off-island hay run into the schedule this week as well...

billie said...

I'm enjoying the porch project although it seems like everything takes twice as long as I think it will. I am halfway and hopefully can knock it out next weekend.

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

That's pretty much a rule of diy - takes twice as long and twice as expensive lol. Can't wait to see a picture of the finished product. :D

billie said...

Well, in this case I really think it's taking twice as long because I'm doing it *right* and using milk paint which is lovely to use but needs two coats, etc. etc. I don't think it's twice as expensive but maybe I'm not paying myself enough - LOL!