Sunday, May 06, 2007

the list



There's a piece of paper fluttering around my chair, fuzzy here b/c I'm too impatient to fuss with the camera.

Books to buy:

The Knitting Circle by Ann Hood

Skylight Confessions by Alice Hoffman

Ten Days in the Hills by Jane Smiley

Divisadero by Michael Ondaatje

On Chesil Beach by Ian McEwan

A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khalid Hosseini

American Gods by Neil Gaiman

Finn by Jon Clinch

The Blade Itself by Marcus Sakey

We Need to Talk About Kevin by Lionel Shriver

I'll Steal You Away by Niccolo Ammaniti

And some books that have disappeared from my library and need replacing:

Haven Kimmel's novels

Huck Finn

Tom Sawyer

Catcher in the Rye


The frustrating thing is that I can't just go out and buy all of them at once. But, even if I did, there would be another such list in about three days' time.

If you like, feel free to add suggestions. I'm getting an early start on building my reading pile for the coming winter. :)

No comments: