Sunday, April 10, 2022

I think we may have a pony boy!

 


I’ve been doing a little work with Little Man and with Cody this spring, and even Keil Bay has volunteered to do ground work with me. Of course both Rafer and Redford love coming into the arena and joining in with whatever else is going on. 

Our grandson is very interested in the equines. He watches them, he pats them, he talks to them, and I am guessing he’ll be riding Little Man before too long. 

I keep saying spring is here, and it is, but we’ve had some cold nights lately and it’s almost as if spring has put the brakes on. It’s hard going back to cold after the very warm weather we’ve also had, but on the other hand, we’re not yet dealing with flies or ticks, so… I hesitate to complain.

It’s probably time to get this pony fitted for a new saddle, don’t you think? 


2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I think you might just have a point boy! He’s gotten so big! I’m sure you’ll need a saddle soon.

Same here with the weather, warm then cold. I’ve picked three ticks off the pup so far too.

billie said...

He is super tall for his age, and yes, I think we will! :)

Ugh re: ticks but that’s the trade off for this nice weather, isn’t it?