Tuesday, May 18, 2021

A Message From Clementine, To Me

 Yesterday I put a new package of premium dog chews in our “treat” cupboard, in advance of giving them out to the hounds when I went to do barn chores. I put the package away, closed the door, and went about my morning. 

A little while later I came through the kitchen to find this:


Hmmm. I’m super proud of Clem that she simply opened the door and waited for me to see it, when it’s true that she could easily reach the package and rip into them herself. She’s growing up!

Still, it wasn’t yet time for me to go to the barn, so I closed the cupboard and went on with my household chores. A little while later:


Just in case you forgot, she says. 

I didn’t. When it was time, I handed out the chews and headed to the barn. What a good girl you are, Clementina Ballerina Ladybird. 

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

She's very smart and patient. Another dog might have simply helped themselves but she knew enough to wait, I'm very proud of her. Ginger used to go sit by the cabinet door and beg for her treats after she thought she did something to deserve one.

billie said...

Oh how wonderful Ginger was!