Thursday, August 27, 2020

The very hungry caterpillars

 I planted bronze fennel in the potager specifically for the pollinators to enjoy, and while picking veggies yesterday evening, look what I found!






These were all up and down the fennel, in the process of munching away at the foliage. So happy to host them and if we’re lucky we’ll get to see cocoons!

Also, my mom had to go to the ER last night due to what turned out to be gastroenteritis. They ruled out stroke and other age-related things, and she is already back home. If you’re so inclined, please send her good thoughts and/or prayers - whatever you send I’m grateful for! She’s 87 this year and has been quarantining in her home where my brother takes amazing care of her. So grateful for him and the fact that she hasn’t needed to go into a rest or nursing home. 

Stay safe and healthy, all! 

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Great pictures of the caterpillar. Good to hear you mom is feeling better and at home recuperating. I'm sure you and your brother are great kids and help her as much as you can. It's hard when we get older but with love and help we can remain home surrounded by family and friends who care. Sending healing thoughts.

billie said...

Thank you, A - we’re happy she is home and I hope she can live many more years. Her mom, my grandma, lived to 93 so I told my mom she has to beat that number. :)