Thursday, May 09, 2019

Deep work + grocery bag = outline for new writing project

After taking three dogs for a romp in Poplar Folly, doing my morning chores in kitchen, living room, and laundry, I dug in for some deep writing work today.

Once I had my paper and marker my brain focused in on the project at hand. My novel trilogy titled Arrow of Time seems to me upon editing to be better suited for the screen, so I’m giving it a shot. It’s been years since I wrote screenplays and pilot episodes but my head is full of this story and these characters and I’m ready to go with this.

Normally I would have closed myself into the garret upstairs but I needed to keep an eye on the pup, even though she was conked out from the romp. Our dining table offered a nice space to settle in for the work at hand.



Buttercups need mowing, barn surely needs cleaning, but both my farm helpers will be here tomorrow due to a schedule glitch so I opted to keep my deep work day and let them deal with the outdoor chores when they get here. 

I’m happy I did. It feels good to make progress with this project and filling in all that blank space is one joy of the writing process. 

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

It's nice to be able to take the time to do what we want to do. Your script sounds interesting. I like the title.

billie said...

I know you totally get how hard it is to make time for myself with all the animals and the work there is taking care of them! I hope you’re finding time for YOU this spring as well.