Sunday, January 01, 2017

Sixth and seventh days of Christmas: June and July

Yesterday ended up being an indoor day. It was chilly and some of us have colds and we ended up watching TV on Netflix and I made a big pot of chicken soup for dinner, bought good bakery brownies and egg nog ice cream for dessert, and rang in the new year with a gin and tonic. 

On my way out of the market I ran into (literally) three beagles on very tangled leashes and their human. I talked to him about beagles and rescues and am not sure what this foretells for June but I think anything to do with those sweet beagles has to be good.

Today, New Year's Day, we got RAIN. But a cardinal came to the tree by the living room window and perched for awhile and the rain has been steady but not hard, so I'm calling it a win for July. Water and seeing bright red birds, who can go wrong with that?


3 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

The beagles might mean you'll be getting another dog that you can take on a vacation in July that includes water and birds...Feel better. Have a Happy Healthy New Year.

Matthew said...

The feeder is refilled, I hope our cardinal friend will take advantage. :)

billie said...

A, I like that - I will report in July and we'll see how this turns out! :)