Wednesday, September 02, 2015

Dickens Come Home!




Dickens, our oldest resident feline on November Hill, didn't show up for breakfast on Saturday. A neighbor says she saw him that morning but he hasn't been spotted since.

It's Wednesday now. We've checked the local animal shelter and all neighbors have been notified. Dickens is very savvy and has gone AWOL a few times during his 10 years of life with us, so we are still hopeful but of course very worried.

Send some good thoughts his way if you will. I got home today from my writing residency and am hoping maybe I'll be a homing signal of sorts to lure him back.

The photo is Dickens taking a ride with me from the barn to the house last winter. He's a farm cat through and through. 

Dickens Edward Wickens - come home!!! 


10 comments:

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

Missing fur friends are so stressful! Hoping Dickens has already sauntered back home as if nothing ever happened. Fingers crossed...

billie said...

Thank you! So far he's not home but I remain hopeful. We put out flyers today. Keeping the faith.

nuri said...

From me, too: Fingers crossed, and "Get Your Feline Derrière Home STAT" vibes!

billie said...

Thanks so much!! Still not home. I've been doing meditations visioning him marching home. Many years ago a beloved cat (who was not an outside cat and not savvy) got spooked and took off. He was missing for 21 days and then came home safe and sound. I am pulling for Dickens to do the same. Miss him so much!

Matthew said...

He's my barn pal. Love giving him rides back in from the barn on my shoulders. Come home today please Dickens!

billie said...

Really sad that he hasn't shown up yet. Keep looking for him to come in and flop down in full cat recline pose.

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

Just checking in...

I moved up to Brooklyn with a cat who promptly took off on our first day there. He was missing for two weeks, during three snowstorms in January, but we ended up happily reuniting...

nuri said...

Oh Dickens, please don't pull the 21-day-stunt on your poor humans! They are worried sick already! But, if you have to, 21 days would still be better than 22...

I am so sorry that you are having to go through this uncertainty and am keeping my fingers fiercely crossed for Dickens' safe return.

billie said...

That 21 day thing was amazingly hard for me - this is too. Thank you for the good thoughts, Nuri!

billie said...

C, wow - that is a reunion story that makes me feel good! He's not home - it's Friday morning now, so almost a week since we last saw him.