Saturday, October 29, 2022

November Hill farm journal, 168

 We lived through the bathroom renovation. I need to take photos but will wait until I get the painting done and mirrored cabinets hung, as we opted to do that ourselves. I’m so happy with the floor, the new toilet, and the vanity, though. Very nice. 

The toilet was a bit of a fiasco. The one I’d purchased was a smidge too tall for the windowsill, so I scrambled to find a replacement, found one, got it home, and it was broken inside the box. Returned, no more anywhere nearby like it, finally found one similar at a different store, and thankfully got it and it installed with a perfect fit. So the now spare new toilet that didn’t fit was installed in the downstairs guest bathroom. Which was on the list anyway, so now that bathroom is halfway to being updated. 

I spent the last week at Weymouth writing with two of my best writing friends. Beautiful space and time and company, as always.



And we have some fun company up at Stillwater this week. 


Looking forward to a calm and quiet week to come. :)

2 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad to hear the bathroom is done. I’m sure it looks wonderful. We haven’t started yet, still getting things taken care of with the contractor.

Love the gardens views from the window. So pretty. Your new friend is cute but I’m sure not too cuddly!

billie said...

Yes, so glad this first phase is done! I was pleasantly surprised at how much less invasive it felt than what I expected. The contractor brought one helper with him and they worked 6-hour days, which made it take longer, but otoh, it gave us time to get all the animal feeding done in the a.m., get everyone sequestered, and then they left around 3 each day, so we got the relief well before dinnertimes and overall, I really loved that way of working. That said, it took 5 days instead of 3, but that was me adding in two extra jobs that I hadn’t realized were needed, so all’s well that is over and done and beautiful, right? :)

Haha, the new friend has two cubs and definitely not one I’m going to try giving a big hug to! :)