Saturday, November 09, 2019

Dear November Hill





Dear November Hill,

Thank you for the gorgeous autumn show you’re putting on for us. Fifteen years ago we met you in the springtime, made the offer that same day, closed the deal in late summer, and then November came. You were in your glory.

This year, as every year, I know that when November comes I’ll see it again. The colors and textures and changing season of a house and a barn on a hill, where I’m still learning the land and the wildlife,  trying to be a good steward of what keeps you happy and healthy.

The gifts you give are moment by moment. I’m grateful and still in awe.

Love,
Billie

4 comments:

Matthew said...

Love this. :)

billie said...

It’s a special place.

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sorry I'm late to comment but we've been very busy.November Hill sounds like a special place for all who live there.

billie said...

Thanks, A - hope all is well your way!!