Sunday, April 01, 2018

November Hill farm journal, 49

This week the dogwood blossoms opened and my loud exclamation of joy turned some heads:


Friday I went to the feed store to get Timothy Balance cubes and two new water buckets and came home with a flat of snapdragons as well. Which used up a couple of hours and resulted in this:


Finally got a shot of the completed dog-proofed front gate:


And daughter gave Cody a ride today. He was a perfect gentleman and oh, how relaxed and happy he was after the ride was over. I love seeing him so comfortable in his body. With his PSSM that is the goal for riding and it was achieved plus some. I hope I can get rolling with him and keep up her good start.

Otherwise, the carpenter bees are out hovering all over the farm. It’s a gorgeous day and still hours to go before the sun sets. More to do, more fun to have. Happy Easter!

4 comments:

Matthew said...

A lovely day indeed :)

And first ride of the spring for K.

billie said...

It was, as it always has been, a pleasure to see her ride. :)

Grey Horse Matters said...

Sounds like a lovely day. The gate looks good and the I like the flowers and dogwoods. Glad the ride with Cody went well too! I like to watch my girl ride too.

billie said...

Thanks, A. I know it’s a joy to watch J ride too!