Tuesday, September 13, 2016

UC-Santa Barbara's gorgeous art installation: Lament by Nancy Gifford

I spent a little time in UC-Santa Barbara's library during my visit with my son and while there were many things to like, this truly took my breath away when I spotted it. I spent quite a bit of time perusing the piece and wish I could have photographed every square inch. As a reader, a writer, and someone who spent years working in various university libraries and independent book stores, It's one of the most gorgeous things I've ever seen.


This is the long view:


A few steps in:


Even closer:


The details were exquisitely fine:


A favorite panel:


So loved this one:


And my final photo, which says it all:


If this installation were for sale and I could afford it, it would be hanging on my upstairs wall as I type this. Oh, it was divine. Kudos to the artist, Nancy Gifford.

OH, and look what I found!!

Making of Lament by Nancy Gifford from Nancy Gifford on Vimeo.

4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Very nice! I love the blue and white piece of artwork.

billie said...

I love that blue and white piece too - would love that on its own on a wall somewhere.

Matthew said...

Extraordinary!

Love this collage / montage work of art.

Thanks for bringing it to my eyes through your blog.

billie said...

It was such a treat to see this in person. I love the video too.