Monday, September 25, 2006





For the past year or so, I've been hounded by ravens. Three at a time, usually, in various places in my life. They call outside my office window, fly beside my car on vacations, and sit in my fields here at home. Before we moved they used to pace outside our fence, taunting the Corgyn. The raven has a long history of being an omen, having to do with magic and shapeshifting, teaching how to bring light from darkness. The odd thing: my current novel in progress has to do with signs and omens, and there are ravens in it that predated these real ones, this conspiracy of ravens. I've tried to get photos but they fly away before I can snap the shutter. So here is the raven figure from my sandplay collection, the only one I can capture right now. I'll keep trying.

No comments: