Thursday, November 23, 2017

Giving Thanks on November Hill, 2017




Thankful for family, including the animals, and friends, and for November Hill, which is such a living, breathing place to call home. These photos were taken yesterday, the day before Thanksgiving, as I drove in from a run for cat food and Corgi chews. The color is still spectacular.

Earlier in the day I walked out and startled a flight of doves, who flew up with a flutter of wings and whistle of air. Late in the day I walked to the back and a herd of white tails bounded away, tails flashing, disappearing down the hill in back, then up the other side into the hundred-acre wood, now clearing, but thanks to the border of trees on the other side that remain, the white tails mysteriously disappeared, as if they had all leapt into another realm. 

This is the magic of November Hill and I am so thankful that I get to live here and enjoy these sweet moments. 

Happy Thanksgiving to all! 



6 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

It's a lovely place to live! Happy Thanksgiving to you all!

billie said...

Hope all is well and the day has been lovely for you and your family!

Grey Horse Matters said...

We had a nice dinner with the family over my son's house. So much to be thankful for.

billie said...

Sounds wonderful! And now it’s Black Friday. Which for me means take the dogs on a hike Friday. :) We ate out with family the restaurant had “turkey leftover” plates you could get to go so you could still have a turkey sandwich the day after. That is on my menu for today!

Matthew said...

Very thankful to be married to you, to have raised two amazing kids, and to live in this beautiful farm home. :)

billie said...

I’m thankful for you, too, Matthew! If I were a horse, I think I’d be considered extremely high maintenance - capable of bucking, bolting, spooking, and kicking - so am glad that doesn’t deter you. :)