Thursday, October 27, 2016

Goodbye Sweet Kyra Corgi

We said goodbye to our sweet Corgi girl Kyra yesterday morning. Closing in on 17 years with us, she has been an amazing and feisty member of our family. She thankfully went peacefully and although I feel a huge empty space in our lives and home right now, I'm grateful for all the time we had with her. Bear Corgi took it hardest of all, and although he seems better today I am fretting a little about what this means for him. We'll figure it out.

Meanwhile, here are a few of the thousands of photos of Kyra - who I now picture running with Chase and enjoying her youthful body again.


Kyra with her best girl. My daughter was only 3 when Kyra came to us and they became best buddies very quickly. I don't know why we don't have puppy pictures! I couldn't find a single one.


She and Chase went with us almost everywhere. Kyra was a terrific hiking buddy for her girl.


The day Bear came to live with us she took him under her Corgi paw and became his very best friend.


And even when he outgrew her and revealed himself to be a huge ball of energy, you can see who remained "top dog." 


It's almost unfathomable to me that she is gone, but as we all know who live with and love animals, they are never REALLY gone - their spirits remain in our hearts forever. We love you Kyra girl. You'll be with us always.

This last photo says it all.


8 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I'm so sorry to read this billie. She had a wonderfully full life with your whole family, human and animal alike. I'm sure she knew how loved she was. They do leave a huge hole in our hearts when they have to leave but they will never be forgotten and will live in our memories forever. Sleep well little girl you will be missed.

p.s. I haven't had internet for a few days so I'll have to do a lot of catching up.

billie said...

Thank you, Arlene - I know you have had more than your share of goodbyes this year! It's always hard but we know they had good lives with us.

I hope you will go back one post and give me your opinion of the Handispur!!!

And I completely forgot to post the cutest photo of all so refresh this post so you can see it! I'm adding it right now.

Portia said...

So sorry for your loss.

Grey Horse Matters said...

That photo is adorable and does say it all. Your daughter is adorable too.

billie said...

It took me longer than I expected to add that - sometimes my devices defy me! I had completely forgotten this photo and burst into tears when I saw it. What precious memories we have of Kyra growing up with our kids.

Daughter and I realized yesterday afternoon that our census with animals is down to 10. It hasn't been that low in a long time.

billie said...

Thanks, Portia - I appreciate your words.

Calm, Forward, Straight said...

So sorry to hear about your sweet corgi girl. Thanks for sharing the lovely pictures - what a darling pair they make. :D

billie said...

Thanks, C. We are missing her sorely but I'm glad she's not having to deal with her aging body issues any longer.