Thursday, October 08, 2015

a little more Keil Bay




A little more Keil Bay. And a nice note on my leg. I spoke with my ND today and it turns out she used to be a burn nurse. She reviewed my treatment protocol for the burn and said I did exactly the right things. She did say the skin will be particularly vulnerable for about a year and that adding extra protection while riding is advisable so that I don't risk damaging the skin. 

I'm thinking boot-cut riding tights will help, and I'll wear a leg wrap under my sock.

Meanwhile, enjoying the photos and assembling what I'll need to get back to riding!



4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

Glad to hear your leg is healing well. I was wondering if you have some half chaps? That might help to protect your leg with the tights. Great pictures you make a lovely pair!

billie said...

Arlene, thanks! I do have half chaps. Right now I think they might be too much pressure on the leg. I am probably being overly cautious! Some of my caution is due to daughter having had some bad rubs on her inner calf even with half chaps on - that were hard to heal because of course she kept riding. The leg wrap and moleskine helped stop that problem. Weird thing - it only seemed to happen with one horse she was riding to foxhunt. Keil and I won't be galloping through the countryside so I think if I wrap the leg and then put boot-cut tights over that I should be just fine.

Can you tell I've become slightly obsessed with this? LOL.

Grey Horse Matters said...

I think you should do whatever feels right for you. Not obsessed at all...just cautious!

billie said...

Thank you! I am going to give it a spin tomorrow with what I have on hand and see how it goes. We had rain all day today so riding was out. Will report back!