Tuesday, February 24, 2015

he dreams of Shetland

It's snowing again here, starting early this morning (as seen below) and continuing all day long. The Little Man dreams of the Shetland Isles, and forages for tender shoots under leaf piles, and lets me know that he can handle himself perfectly well in this weather.

Meanwhile Keil Bay and Cody have been galloping and bucking and doing gorgeous floating power trots in the arena. 

The donkey boys are not as happy but they are braving the huge snowflakes and maybe longing for old age when their woman caves in and brings them in the house.

Supposedly this is the one in the "one-two punch" we're getting weather-wise. Tomorrow night is two. I have a chicken in the oven and a glass of Hoppyum IPA in front of me and some dark chocolate, which I just read is the best thing for a lingering cough after a cold. 

I'm ready for spring but for now, I'm pretending we're on the Isle of Shetland with the Little Man's pony herd.



4 comments:

Grey Horse Matters said...

I can't believe you're getting this unusual weather. It's good to hear that most of the equines are handling it well. The poor little donkeys will just have to man up for a few days!

We were at -7 this morning which is very unusual for us too. We should be in the 40's this month. Isn't it nice we're breaking all kinds of weather records...It's starting to get really annoying. I just let Maggie out and noticed it's snowing again. I am so sick of white right now.

Fell better.

billie said...

A, it's really unusual for us to get 3 snow events in a 10 day period. I can't believe you're at -7!!

The one saving grace this go-round is that the temps are so mild compared to what they were last week. It makes all the difference in the world when it is 26 or 27 and no wind. I did morning chores w/o much trouble at all.

I am more than ready for spring and I know you must be too!

Matthew said...

It would really be something to wake up with Donkey Boys putting their head on your shoulder in the bed!

billie said...

We'd really have to get used to donkeys braying in the house. :)